Monday, July 9, 2012

Getting Started & Setting Goals

My weight loss journey began exactly two weeks ago when I miraculously lost about 15 pounds in one night; it was the night that I gave birth to my 8 pound, 11 ounce baby boy. Like so many new mommies, I am extremely eager to lose the pregnancy weight that I packed on during my nine months of creating a new little human. By way of accountability and encouragement, I have decided to record my struggles, accomplishments, recipes and tips involved in my weight loss journey. 


A Starting Point:
Let's be real, even with a huge protruding prego belly, no woman likes seeing the scale read 35 pounds higher than normal. I was not particularly happy with my pre-pregnancy weight, so +35 was pretty horrific. However, I am happy to announce, ALL of my pregnancy weight has disappeared! I'm not an expert or anything but I feel like I owe a big "thank you" to the to the magic of breast-feeding. Thank you for sucking the calories out of me Malachi :)


So, essentially, I'm back to square one- weighing in at 185 pounds. 
With a two-week old in tow, it is safe to say that I am still healing from labor and delivery and am certainly in a transition period into motherhood. BUT, my plan is to take baby-steps (pun intended) towards a healthier me. I plan on using the 17-day diet to keep my diet on track & my excitement to use Malachi's new stroller should push me towards regular strolls around the block. 


Setting Goals:
The title of this blog is very telling of my personal goal. I would like to reach my goal weight of 120 pounds by the time that I turn 25 years old. A grand total of 65 pounds to lose. I'm sure more goals will arise along the way, but for now, this is my main focus. 


Time to get started! I am anticipating great results based on the amount of motivation that I feel (hope I don't lose that feeling!). Wish me luck!


P.S. Starting photos to come...... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages