Tuesday, March 26, 2013

If Only My Stomach Would Look the Same Way it Does When I Lay Down!

I'm laying down poolside with yet another book to read for my MA Thesis, when I look down and notice that my abs (if you want to call them that) don't look half bad! This was due in part to my oversized sunglasses that gave me the false image of tanned skin, but also in part to the forces of gravity. You see, when laying down, gravity is on your side! Your stomach appears flat as all of your normal flabbiness makes its way to your back which is conveniently unseen (unless the surface you're laying upon has eyeballs. Anyways, in this moment looking down at my abs, I felt sort of proud. So proud, in fact, I snapped one of those ridiculous photos of myself. How disappointed I was when I returned to my apartment and my flat poolside abs were nowhere to be found as I stood standing in front of the mirror. All this to say, my new goal is to get my standing up abs looking the same as my laying down abs!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages