Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Flabulous!

Although I have spent many years of my life at an unhealthy weight, I like to think that my body is pretty well-proportioned. In fact, I have been complimented on my proportions even at my heaviest weight. Not usually by women but by boys who noticed the way those extra ten pounds gave me a booty resembling Kim K's. I managed to keep my waist relatively small but packed on pounds in my butt and thighs. Apparently men find this attractive (unless you're a indie/hipster cigarette smoking fiend who prefers the "bag of bones" type). In fact, this is what attracted my husband to me - that and the fact I was "nice", but we know that it was all about the booty!

Anyways, I give you this backstory to say that, since I've lost so much weight, my plumpness has turned to flab! I wish I could say this saggy skin is cute in the way those trendy hippie clothes hang off skinny people, but this is not the thing you want hanging from your body. I seriously feel like the guy from Austin Powers: Gold Member with all that extra skin. Okay, so I'm exaggerating. But I honestly am in need of some toning! So lately I have taken up some weight training in hopes of tightening up this body! Wish me luck! And, word of advice, add in some strength training to your workout to avoid the same dilemma!

P.S. I am in no way complaining about my weight loss. I am happy to have my flab problem as opposed to my obesity problem!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages