Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Shopping update!

I've heard that losing weight will save you money, especially in regards to medical and grocery expenses. Lately, however, I've been feeling as though losing weight has some expenses if its own!

I am happy to announce that I have a job interview next week. The problem is that I have no business attire suitable for such a meeting! I went to buy some black business pants and cautiously chose some size 10s, some 8s and a wishful thinking size 6 pencil skirt. I tried the skirt first- perfect fit! All of the size 8s fit comfortably and I didn't even bother with the size 10s! Yay!!!

My next shopping excursion was for a swim suit. The only swim suits I owned were my maternity suit that falls off as soon as I begin walking in it and a tattered and faded black one piece that I've worn for over 3 years. It was definitely time to purchase a new tiny piece of colorful spandex to sport poolside. I was very hesitant to try on two-piece suits. Can moms even wear those? I wasn't sure if there was an unwritten rule or something. Well, if there is, I'm breaking it! I have decided to get my tummy tan, stretch marks and all. I've worked hard to lose weight and I want to wear a bikini!

My shopping excursion today was so positive. I remember a time when crying in the fitting room was a reoccurring experience. And now I sent Ernie to grab smaller sizes and found exactly what I needed!

Take a look at the bathing suit I bought (excuse the close-up of the chest on the last one) and also my outfit I wore out shopping! Feeling so good!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages