Friday, February 21, 2014

Celebrations!

Eight pounds down! Now THAT is reason for celebration! I tried not to weigh myself too many times this week, hoping for a pleasant surprise on the scale come Friday and I achieved what I had hoped for! I am very proud of losing this amount a weight in such a short period of time. I know that my chubby little girl had a bit to do with my weight loss because nursing can do wonders in getting back to your pre-pregnancy body BUT I am so excited to see results! I feel encouraged that I was able to lose this amount of weight without having to cut out all carbs from my diet or survive on juice and water. I simply ate healthy foods (aside from a few scoops of Rocky Road ice cream woops!) and I consistently exercised in the mornings. That's all there is to it!



I also am excited to celebrate my best mile time today. I am amazed at the progress in my running. What was once a shuffling pace not much faster than a walk, has become a legitimate jog! I am still quite slow but I won't let that stop me from celebrating my progress. At the beginning of the week I was running 12 minute miles and today I ran a 10min 58sec mile! If you are trying to get on the road and jog, get an app on your phone to help document your pace. I use the Nike Plus app and LOVE it. My sister likes to use Map My Run. Find one that works for you!



Aside from my fitness goals, I have to acknowledge some emotional milestones in my week as well. I have felt more joy, motivation, peace and happiness this week. I do believe that exercise and healthy eating play a part in my lifted spirits but I think that the extra time I spend walking at the end of my run to pray and give my day to the Lord has blessed me so much. I had so much anxiety going into this week because it was the start of a really difficult schedule for Ernie and I, but now that the week has ended, I can happily say that progress was made despite the obstacles against us! I have been able to enjoy some very special moments with family and began a routine that works for the season my family is in. Praise the Lord for His strength and direction because it has helped me so much!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages