Thursday, February 27, 2014

Rain or Shine!


I love rainy weather but when I heard that heavy rain was coming at the end of the week, I was a little worried it would throw off my work out groove! This morning I texted my mom to see if she wanted to jog despite the rain and she was totally down! What a great accountability partner! We decided to run a different route to avoid muddy shoes (can't ruin the new shoes now, can we? we are such girly girls!). It turned out to be a super tough workout! We were forced to run up hills that we avoid on our usual route.

Let me just say, that our run this morning was so beautiful. I was thinking a lot about the farmers in California. The rain must be such an amazing answer to their prayers! We often take our weather for granted but there are some people that count on it! It made me happy thinking about rain as an answer to prayers. As I was jogging, I kept taking deep breaths (not just because I'm out of shape and was gasping). All of the trees had such a fresh and potent smell. It was like all the freshness of nature was amplified. God's creation was amplified. I was loving it!

The sunrise was particularly beautiful too! The sun shining through the rain clouds is really a site to see! I paused at the end of my run to snap some photos. Sometimes it is just nice to stop and appreciate the morning sky!


I am SO happy that we decided to run this morning. I know that sleep is a gift that God gives us, a gift that feels so precious, especially to us new mommies. BUT this morning felt like a gift and I'm glad I didn't miss it! So, from now on, I am going to wake up, rain or shine, and enjoy the day that the Lord has made!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages